The Ambassador Program was created to assist new students during their adaptation to Chapel by welcoming them in a hospitable, attentice and friendly manner that will facilitate a positive and smooth adjustment to Chapel School.
Profile of an “Ambassador”:
· Ability to communicate well
· Good manners
· Open to new friendships and experiences
The ambassadors must be trained to know how to deal with a variety of situations. During this training, group activities will be promoted to enable a relaxed atmosphere and the bonding of everyone involved. The activities / duties of an “ambassador” will be established over the period of a month but, depending on each case, this time can be extended.
These activities / duties are:
· Receive the new student in the Guidance Office, after an initial talk with the counselor
· Accompany the new student to the classrooms and introduce him / her to the classmates
· Help him / her to use the locker
· Remain with him / her through break and lunchtime
· Meet with the Guidance Office, keeping the Counselor up-to-date with what is going on and requesting help wherever necessary
· Introduce new students to high school secretaries and teachers.
The Brazilian Studies Department will organize a field trip to the city of São Paulo for the new students. Throughout the year, the Guidance Office will organize meetings and lunches with the ambassadors and the new students for orientation and special events.